The mention of vital organs may bring your heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas to mind, but did you know that your skin is the largest vital organ in your body, and that it plays an important role in keeping all your other organs healthy?
Your Skin’s Vital Functions
Here are just some of your amazing skin’s important functions:
- Regulation of body temperature
- Provides a two way protective barrier to keep fluids and electrolytes in, and toxins out
- Protects your body from radiation and excessive sunlight
- Excretes toxins from your body
- Supports your immune system
- Synthesizes Vitamin D
- Senses heat, cold, and texture
- Stimulates reproductive hormones through touch
- Provides mechanical support for your body
- Beautifies your appearance
With all that going on, you can imagine that your skin needs a lot of nutrients to stay healthy and beautiful!
Your Diet and Healthy Skin
In addition to amino acids, which are the structural proteins that make up skin cells, fats, which keep skin smooth and supple, and water, which is vital to plump healthy skin cells, your skin needs micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants to support all its functions and maintain elasticity and firmness.
In a perfect world, your diet would provide all the nutrients you need to support and maintain healthy radiant skin. But the truth is, even if you eat an organic diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables and protein, you can still end up nutrient deficient. Supporting your diet with oral vitamin and mineral supplements may help, but they often pass through your digestive tract without ever making it to your cells.
The Best Way to Deliver Micronutrients to Your Cells
Dietary micronutrients are absorbed through your small intestine where they enter your bloodstream to be distributed throughout your body. However, only a portion of the micronutrients that travel through your digestive tract are actually absorbed; the rest pass through your system to be excreted.
The best way to ensure that vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients are made available for use by your cells is to put them directly into your circulatory system, either by injection or intravenous (IV) drip. Advanced Cryo NYC offers a selection of InVita™ micronutrient cocktails and booster shots, including a Natural Beauty Cocktail mixed specifically to provide all the nutrients you need for healthy beautiful skin.
- InVita™ Natural Beauty Cocktail:
- Restores hydration
- Reverses damage from free radicals
- Promotes collagen production
- Cleanses your vital organs
At Advanced Cryo NYC, micronutrient solutions are administered in a beautiful spa environment while you relax in a comfy lounge chair. While high doses of micronutrients flow into your bloodstream, you can work, read surf the Net, or just close your eyes and rest. IV Vitamin therapy is minimally invasive and painless.
Essential Micronutrients for Skin Health
The InVita™ Natural Beauty Cocktail delivers optimal doses of all the micronutrients your skin need to rejuvenate, repair and glow with beauty that comes from within:
- Vitamin C: When taken in high IV doses, this powerhouse vitamin promotes collagen production to improve skin elasticity and thickness. Vitamin C also has anti-inflammatory properties, works as an antioxidant to ward off free radicals, and reduces the appearance of age spots.
- B-Vitamins: The Bs support multiple metabolic functions in your body, and play an important role in protecting your skin from radiation and environmental toxins. They also promote the production of serotonin, putting you in a happy mood.
- Magnesium: This important mineral supports heart health, soothes achy muscles, fights allergies and reduces wrinkles.
- Glutathione: A tripeptide antioxidant, glutathione is considered one of the most important anti-aging substances in the human body. Boosting your glutathione levels through IV Vitamin therapy will reverse oxidative cell damage throughout your body, including your skin cells. Glutathione is thought to promote longevity.