The mechanisms of aging are not fully understood, but scientists are zeroing in on several factors that play a role in the aging process. One significant discovery is the role played by nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), a coenzyme that facilitates the production of ATP in your cells’ mitochondria. ATP, or adenosine triphosphate is considered to be the “energy molecule” that is the end product of dietary fats and carbohydrates.
Mitochondria are the powerhouses of your cells, where oxygen is used to convert fatty acids and glucose to ATP, your body’s energy source. As you age, NAD+ levels decrease, reducing the production of energy in your mitochondria, leaving you feeling fatigued and lethargic. By age 50, most adults have only half the NAD+ available as they had as children.
If you have ever wished you could bottle the energy of your little ones, that bottle would be filled with NAD+!
The Anti-Aging Properties of NAD+
Emerging research is revealing the role played by NAD+ in the aging process. Some important anti-aging properties of NAD+ include:
- Helps maintain longer telomeres: Telomeres are strands of DNA that cap the ends of your chromosomes. As you age, telomeres shorten and eventually cause you to lose the capacity for cell renewal. NAD+ may be able to help lengthen telomeres to slow aging and extend longevity.
- Supports the repair of DNA: DNA can become damaged over time, contributing to the aging process. NAD+ helps support PARP-1, an enzyme that repairs damaged DNA. PARP-1 uses large amounts of NAD+ in the repair process.
- Improves immune cell signaling: Your immune cells communicate with one another to fight infections and autoimmune disorders. Aging diminishes the ability of immune cells to transmit and receive signals, undermining immune function. NAD+ helps regulate immune and inflammatory pathways.
- Enhances energy enzymes: Aging mitochondria begin to die off, reducing your capacity to produce energy. NAD+ supports energy extraction and protects mitochondria from early death.
- Stabilizes chromosomes: Chromosomes become unstable with age, leading to changes in cellular function and accelerating the aging process. NAD+ helps improve chromosome stability to slow cellular aging.
- Promotes healthy brain function: NAD+ functions as a neurotransmitter, helping to convey signals between cells and the brain. NAD+ may help ward off cognitive disorders associated with aging.
- Activates Sirtuins: Sirtuins are proteins that regulate cellular aging, and they rely on ample amounts of NAD+ to function.
- Supports energy production: Efficient energy production and adequate ATP levels rely on abundant amounts of NAD+.
The Best Way to Boost NAD+ Levels
NAD+ is considered biologically unstable, meaning it is not suitable to be ingested as a supplement. Fortunately, you can quickly and easily boost your NAD+ levels via IV infusion.
When infused by IV drip, NAD+ goes directly into your blood stream, where it is quickly delivered to your cells to begin improving mitochondrial function.
NAD+ in NYC
Because NAD+ has the GRAS (generally recognized as safe) rating from the FDA, you do not need a medical prescription to obtain this powerful anti-aging miracle. In New York, you can have a safe and relaxing NAD+ infusion session at Advanced Cryo NYC, located nearby in fashionable SoHo. Don’t resign yourself to the negative effects of the aging process. Contact Advanced Cryo NYC today, and turn back the clock with NAD+.