While winter is considered the official season of colds and flu, you can contract an upper respiratory or other viral infection at any time of year. In fact, many people suffer from some sort of sinus or other respiratory infection intermittently throughout the year. One of the main causes of viral infections is a weakened immune system.
Many factors can contribute to a weakened immune system, including:
- Inadequate or poor quality sleep
- Chronic stress
- Insufficient hygiene
- Poor ventilation
- Frequent travel
- Working with the public
- Poor physical conditioning
- Exercise overtraining with inadequate recovery
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Cigarette smoking
- Micronutrient deficient diet
If one or more of those factors applies to you, you may need to modify your lifestyle. Meanwhile, there are some proactive measures you can take now to give your immune system a boost.
Two Ways to Quickly Boost Your Immune System
Improving your daily lifestyle habits is the best way to improve your immune system over the long run. In the short run, however, there are a couple of things that may help.
- Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC): Subjecting your body to extreme cold triggers an immune response, with an increased release of white blood cells and a reduction in systemic inflammation. WBC helps your body recover from exercise, and can help you recover from jet lag. Cryotherapy also promotes productive sleep that helps keep your body’s systems in balance. Regular cryotherapy sessions can help keep your immune system functioning at its best.
- IV Immunity Booster Therapy: In addition to needing calories from fats and carbohydrates for energy, your body needs adequate micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes to support the thousands of metabolic processes that go on throughout the day. When you are nutrient deficient, your immune system muddles along as best it can, but it cannot function at its peak. Taking a daily supplement may help, but vitamin pills are often not fully absorbed, and they may even pass through your digestive tract completely intact.
With micronutrient IV therapy, high doses of essential nutrients are slowly infused, drip by drip, into your bloodstream, to be carried to cells throughout your body. Nutrients that are depleted or deficient are rapidly replenished, enabling your immune system to heal and function at its best.
Immune System Boost in NYC
If you want to look and feel amazing all year round, you need to take time for self-care. At Advanced Cryo NYC, we offer micronutrient IV therapy, cryotherapy and a host of other treatments and therapies to meet your health and beauty needs. Contact Advanced Cryo NYC today, and put yourself on the path to health, wellness and beauty.