Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) is growing in popularity as a health and beauty treatment that leaves you feeling refreshed and energized. The result is so exhilarating that you may be wondering how often you can indulge in this therapeutic and non-invasive treatment. The answer to that question depends on a few factors.
In theory, you can safely do WBC treatments up to twice a day, with at least four hours between sessions. However, for most people, WBC will yield optimal results when done two or three times per week.
Factors Determining Frequency of WBC
- Intensity of Physical Training: Athletes, bodybuilders, fitness instructors and others who push their bodies to the limit may benefit from daily WBC treatments.
- Injury Rehab: Post-surgical or injury rehab protocols may incorporate WBC several times per week in the early stages of recovery.
- Performance Demands: Athletic events, dance performances, and other performance demands may call for more frequent WBC sessions before and after an event.
- New Physical Demands: If you are just beginning a new fitness or athletic training program, daily WBC can help reduce pain and inflammation, promote recovery and enhance performance.
- Budgetary Constraints: While WBC is not excessively expensive, your budget may dictate how often you have treatments.
Phases of WBC
The effectiveness of WBC relies on three distinct phases: Freeze, Respond and Recover:
Phase 1: Freeze: Once you are situated in the cryosauna, a clinician will unleash nitrogen vapor that rapidly drops the chamber to sub-zero temperatures, between -190º and -256º Fahrenheit, evoking natural physiological responses.
Phase 2: Respond: Your body enters survival mode, shunting blood from your periphery to your core, where your blood is enriched with micronutrients, enzymes and oxygen.
Phase 3: Recover: After 90 seconds to three minutes of exposure, your body begins to re-warm, welcoming enriched blood to the periphery. The newly enriched blood cells promote the regeneration of internal organs, help eliminate subcutaneous toxins, and initiate the skin cell renewal process.
Benefits of WBC
When you indulge in WBC on a regular basis, whether daily, a few times a week, or only a couple of times a month, you can expect ongoing benefits, including:
- Increased metabolism
- Enhanced immune system
- Improved skin, hair and nails
- Elevated mood
- Improved sleep quality
- Increased energy
- Better circulation
- Decreased joint pain
- Clearer, healthier skin
Schedule your WBC session at Advanced Cryo NYC today, and see what all the hype is about! The experienced professionals at Advanced Cryo NYC can guide you in determining the optimal frequency of WBC for your needs and lifestyle. You will quickly see that WBC is a health and beauty treatment you cannot afford to go without.